Drivers can expect nighttime lane closures and occasional traffic delays on Missouri Routes 32
and 38 in Bolivar for a resurfacing project beginning Sunday night, Aug. 7, the Missouri
Department of Transportation said.
Routes will receive a new asphalt driving surface, edge line rumble strips, and road markings in
areas. Crews will work nighttime hours of 7 p.m. – 6 a.m. from Sunday – Thursday.
● Missouri Route 32 between Missouri Route 13 and Polk County Route D in Bolivar
● Missouri Route 83 between Missouri Route 32 and Missouri Route 13 in Bolivar
● Traffic reduced to one lane where contractor crews are laying asphalt during nighttime
● Drivers will encounter flaggers and pilot cars where crews are working. Drivers should
wait for the pilot vehicle before proceeding through the work zone or before entering the
work zone from a side road.
● All lanes will be open during daytime hours
● No signed detour
● Drivers should find alternate routes
● Signs and message boards will alert drivers approaching the work zone crews and
equipment close to traffic in areas
Weather and/or construction delays will alter the work schedule.
● Prime contractor: Blevins Asphalt Construction, Mt. Vernon
● Total project cost: $1.2 million
● Contract completion date: Nov. 4, 2022
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here